Monday, February 18, 2013

The 52 Week Savings Challenge! ...Confusion...

So HELLO ALL! I know I haven't been on in a while, but I promise that is because I have been working my fingers to the bone at work and school! 

I want to write about some really awesome things that I have been doing lately :)

1. I have been cooking a LOT more at home and from scratch! Things I have made:
-Decadent Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting---- BEST CAKE EVER!
-Cookie in a Cup---- um... hello? Why have I never done this before? You make it in the MICROWAVE!
-Chicken Gyros---- and these are not just because I am Greek, I really love Gyros and so does my fiance! This link also has the recipe for tzatziki sauce which is an awesome cucumber, yogurt sauce-DE-licious! (plus, it saves us a BUNCH of money by not going to Gyros West all the time.)

Those are just some of my faves :)

2. I have been doing something called the "Malibooty Workout" and boy do my thighs hurt!!! BUST THOSE FATTY FLABBY THIGHS GIRLS! (I will post the link below to all of the recipes and the workout and the blog where I read about the 52 Week Savings Challenge.)

3. The 52 Week Saving Challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So excited to share this with out all :D
- So, let me say this first, this is not an impossible task. The chart is confusing, but if people would just READ it would make things a lot easier. I am a broke, poor college student who lives paycheck to paycheck, no lie, and I KNOW I can do this. It is totally possible! When you decide to start the savings project you need to decide if you want to do it with paper cash, or if you want to do it in a savings account. I prefer the savings account because then I also receive interest on it! 
Here's how it works:
-Pick a day of the week you want to put your money into your jar.
-Mark this day on your calendar! If you do not have it documented each week, you will forget. I know I would!
-Print out the little chart that my fellow blogger posted on her page (I have posted a link on the bottom of this page)
-STICK TO IT!

In reality, you will never be putting in more than $52! Each week you will watch your account grow. It works like this- In week one, you add $1. In week two, you add $2. This equals $3, and as you go along, you just keep accumulating the money! By the end you will have $1,378.00 in your "jar"!

You can do it!!! Let me know how it goes peeps! 

And that's all I have to say today <3





LIIIINKS TO GOODNESS------

52 week savings challenge:
 http://stuckathomemom.com/lifeandothermyths/52-week-money-challenge/the-52-week-money-challenge-you-game#comment-3939

Malibooty Workout:
http://backonpointe.tumblr.com/post/24907237515

Decadent Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting:
http://www.soapmomskitchen.com/2011/05/hersheys-decandent-moist-dark-chocolate.html

Chicken Gyros:
http://tideandthyme.com/chicken-gyros/

Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Cup:
http://www.number-2-pencil.com/2012/03/06/chocolate-chip-cookie-in-cup/



ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment